Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Complete Change

It's been a very trying week.  I'm looking forward to the weekend as we will be seeing our families, our horses, and just having some time to relax and unwind.  It's also the first time that Charley will get to meet her new Mommy!!  In fact, if you check out Simone's blog over the coming weeks/months, I'm sure you'll see updates on how this amazing little puppy is growing and changing:  www.justsimone.blogspot.com

Last night we got to use one of the gifts we received from my bridal shower - a grill pizza stone.  I've never been a huge fan of frozen pizza.  It's good in a pinch, if you're really hungry and financially constricted.  I am now a reformed believer!  Putting the frozen pizza on the grill is AMAZING!!  It was done in record time and it gave the crust a crisp, delicious flavor like I've never had before.  Thank you, Levi, for the idea a few months ago!
 
Tomorrow I have to do billing for work, so I will be coming in for maybe 2-3 hours. Don't misunderstand, I'm not complaining about having to do a couple of hours of work on a Friday morning and then having the next three days off. How did I ever work 5 full days a week for most of my adult life?!  My plan is to drop Woody off at work at 5 a.m. so that he can get a couple of hours of overtime in this week, do billing, go home, play with the puppies, take a nap, load the car, pick Woody up from work, and hit the road. Then, the weekend really begins because we are headed west for Labor Day weekend!!

2012 has most definitely been a year of change for me.  I changed jobs, I fell in love with and married my best friend, I rediscovered my faith, found a church and was baptized last weekend, and I became a step-mom.  Prior to this year, my visits to western Kansas to visit family were few and far between.  If I went once a year, that was enough; sometimes, sadly I must admit this, it was longer.  My first trip to western Kansas this year was January, this weekend will be my 10th!!  Woody reminded me of the beauty and wonder of our small hometown.  It has become a place that I miss and long to go back to visit.  It's also in our long term plans to return to permanently.  It's amazing what a complete change can happen in a year. . . 

No comments: